Multiple dead & several injured from a shooting at a South Florida high school Wednesday, February 14. The suspect, 19 year old Nicolas Cruz is known to be in custody according to authorities. From multiple sources & reports the suspect seemed to have trouble with the school over the last couple years and was considered a threat to multiple students.
“We were told last year that he wasn’t allowed on campus with a backpack on him, There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus,” math teacher Jim Gard told the paper.
The shooting happened at around 2:30 p.m., close to dismissal time. “Kids were running out full of blood,” Derval Walton, whose 15-year-old daughter is a freshman at the school, told the Sun Sentinel.
“The people next door to us must have not locked their door,” she told the paper, breaking into tears. “They all got shot”
Asked how many, she answered, “10 or … seven.”
No one should ever feel threatened while on the campus of a school yet alone a high school where its just teenagers that are defenseless for themselves in a situation such as this one. Its fucked up.