In light of recent news that Game Of Thrones will be trying to expand their audience by recruiting rappers to the cause, here’s a list of GoT characters whose names sound like rap names.
GAME OF THRONES CHARACTERS WHOSE NAMES SOUND LIKE RAP NAMES
1) Jon Snow – Solid if forgettable street rapper from Brooklyn. His tape, The Ski Trip is #1 on DatPiff for a month. Lead single has a hook from French Montana about standing on couches in Greenhouse (“call it the Greenhouse effect!”).
2) Bronn / Shae (TIE) – Generic weed carrier names that show up on five tracks on a bigger rapper’s tape. Bronn later resurfaces as “Big Bronn” and his first single is called “Black Mask”.
3) Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish – “Lil Fingaz” got a tims’n’hoodies vibe to it. Or it could be Sticky Fingaz’s son breaking into the rap game.
4) Robb Stark – Second-tier cloud rapper with a notable feature on a Vince Staples song. Would obviously be stylized as Robb $tark.
5) Melisandre – R&B singer. Almost sounds like a name made up by a white person trying to play a black person on Facebook.
6) Khal Drogo – Reps The Town all day! Was briefly signed to Messy Marv’s label, now beefs with him. Tweets daily with Davey Boy Smith.
7) Theon Grayjoy – One of those dudes from the south that picks a rap name that sounds like it could actually be someone’s real name (ie: Kevin Gates’s real name isn’t actually Kevin Gates). Has one great single produced by Dun Deal.
8) Tyrion Lannister – Just “Tyrion”, sings some hooks on Jon Snow’s joint for the ladies. (also: make your own “Tyrion Dolla Sign” jokes!)
9) Jaime Lannister – see Theon Grayjoy
10) Robert Baratheon – “Baratheon” is such a rad-sounding name with so much potential, I almost want someone to pick this up and use it. YUNG RATH!
Bonus: can’t have a Samwell without mentioning “What What In The Butt”