Connect with us


Massive Manhunt In London After Failed Bomb Attempt At Parsons Green Station



A manhunt was underway for any suspects linked to the bucket bomb that detonated on a packed subway train during Friday morning rush hour, injuring at least 29 people.

A source confirmed to Fox News that an ISIS affiliate took responsibility for the attack.

Police quickly called the explosion on the District Line train at Parsons Green station a “terrorist incident.” It was the fifth terrorist attack in Britain this year.

Hours after the attack, officials in the United Kingdom raised the country’s terrorism threat level to “critical” — the highest possible threat which means another attack is expected shortly.

Police said they have not arrested anyone in connection to the bombing, but hundreds of detectives were trying to hunt down the perpetrator or perpetrators.

The Metropolitan Police force said police “are making fast-time inquiries to establish who was responsible and are working closely with the security services.”

Counterterrorism policing chief Mark Rowley said hundreds of detectives were scanning surveillance camera footage, carrying out forensic work and speaking to witnesses.

Scotland Yard said an improvised explosive device was used in the attack, and London’s Metropolitan Police counter-terrorism unit was also investigating; however, police did not immediately provide any details on any suspects.

The ambulance service said at least one of the injuries was thought to be serious or life-threatening and most of the injuries were flash burns.

Passengers reported seeing people with burns to their faces and bodies after the “massive flash of flames” on the tube station.

Peter Crowley, a passenger, told the BBC: “I heard a large bang from the doors on the other side of the tube train and this fireball came towards my heard and singed off all my hair – I have got burn marks at the top of my head. Everyone just ran off the train, it was quite scary.”

“It was a really hot intense fireball above my head, I’ve just got red marks and burns to the top of my head. There were a lot of people a lot worse than me.”

Explosive experts told the Daily Mail that they were investigating the bucket and said if it exploded properly it could have killed dozens of people. The BBC reported that the homemade device contained a timer.

Police advised people to avoid the area.

“Our city utterly condemns the hideous individuals who attempt to use terror to harm us and destroy our way of life,” London Mayor Sadiq Khan said in a statement. “As London has proven again and again, we will never be intimidated or defeated by terrorism.”


Source : Fox